02 January 2010

2010 Genealogy Resolutions

I have never ever made written resolutions before, so this is really an experiment! Many of these are dreams, but perhaps I can get a bit closer to achieving them if I write them down.... In no particular order:

1. Find the missing CAUSIER-HUGHES children

2. Find the parents of the Lucy WAIT who married Asahel DAVISON circa 1792 , possibly Connecticut, Massachusetts, or Vermont


3. Research land and probate records in Knox County, Ohio for info on & verification of the SHAW & MILLER lines that lead to the Isabel SHAW who married John RICHARDSON in Morgan County, Missouri in 1849


4. Attend the reunion of descendants of Amos RICHARDSON in Morgan County, Missouri in June, 2010


5. Go to Salt Lake City for research in the Family History Library


6. Write/phone the Del Norte Cemetery in Rio Grande County, Colorado to see who is buried in the plot for which I have a bill of sale / deed to Charles HEGWER


7. Find the John NORRIS/Morris? of Staten Island or Stratford CT? who has a daughter Hannah who married Ashbel PORTER in North Branford, Connecticut in 1762


8. Arrange for a headstone at the unmarked grave of Celim PORTER [10 May 1913 - 18 Jun 1913] at Cavalry Cemetery in Los Angeles. Celim was the son of L Willis PORTER and his first wife, Josephine Slater, who died barely a month after her only child and is buried about 20 yards away.


9. Work on the TO DO piles of research to input or analyze. If I can't eliminate the piles, I'd be happy if it's down to just one pile!


10. Get all my cemetery photos into findagrave.com


11. Visit at least 2 local genealogy libraries that I have never been to: Pomona Public Library, Carlsbad Public Library, Biola University, CSU Fullerton, and Claremont University


12. Investigate the HEGWERs who died in San Bernardino County; go out there and see death certificates?


Well, well ... an even dozen ... it looks like I'll have a busy year!

May you have a GREAT year and may your greatest genealogy problem be solved in 2010!

PS: Whoops! I forgot to say that I resolve to have made at least 20 new blogs in 2010! One down, 19 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment