23 July 2010

Gravestone Photographic Resource (revised 7/26)

The blog GenWestUK just posted info on Gravestone Photographic Resource.  It seems to be a very thorough site and has super potential as the contributions increase.  The goal is worldwide, but at least for now, most entries seem to be UK related.

Their database includes entries for George Causier (1854-1916), his wife Jane Elizabeth (Pearce; 1864-1934), and two of their children: John & May.  They are buried in the Municipal cemetery of Linthorpe, Yorkshire.  Apparently, their names are on one monument. George is a great-grandson of my 4th-great-grandparents, Sacheverell Causier & Sarah Hunt.  I was able to fit George's family in my lines because of all the work Cousin Val has done and kindly shared.  I must reconnect with her!

Conclusion:  Uh oh, catching up on reading blogs can seriously add to the ToDo pile....  I won't run any of my other Yorkshire surnames now, but posting this resource should make it easier for me to remember to get around to it!

It's nice to have at least one, moderately unusual surname in my Carr/Causier line!

Thank you, GenWestUK!

No comments:

Post a Comment